A Postpartum Doula doesn’t take over the work of a mother, like a babysitter does. I help to empower the mother, support her, and guide her through the amazing transition of motherhood. Keeping the “mother in mind”, my duties allow the mother to mentally and physically recover from childbirth while creating an everlasting bond with her new child.
I may offer new ideas and resources for various topics. I absolutely support the family’s parenting style, but may also open doors to a whole new world that the parents didn’t even know existed, such as breastfeeding beyond a year old or co-sleeping.
There are a number of packages my services can offer you. If one does not suit you, a custom package can be created to meet your needs. 8 hour shifts available. Weekly payment plans are available. Please contact me for further information.
Every package includes:
- One hour in-home prenatal consultation
- Unlimited phone and email support
- 4 hour shifts (with the exception of single day packages)
• Infant Education, such as feeding, diapering skills, burping techniques, bathing, cord care, circumcision care, dressing baby,when to call the doctor, and normal newborn behavior
• Making sure the mother is fed, well hydrated, and comfortable
• Non-judgmental emotional support, encouragement, and positive affirmations
• Light household chores, such as cooking, laundry, dishes, picking up/organizing, nursery organization, pet care, quick food/pharmacy shopping, running errands
• Preparation of bottles and washing/cleaning/sterilizing
• Short infant care so mama can shower, go for a walk, or just have a few minutes to herself
• Screening for postpartum depression
• Referrals to local resources
One day of support the first day home
Cost: $225.00 (4 hours) or $500.00 (8 hours)
Let’s Get Settled
6 days of support the first 2 weeks home
Additional days are $170 per day
12 days of support the first 4 weeks home
Additional days are $160 per day
You’ve Got This
24 days of support the first 8 weeks home
Additional days are $150 per day
The 4th Trimester
36 days of support the first 12 weeks home
Additional days are $140 per day
Last Minute Doula for a Day
One 4 or 8 hour shift
Cost: $225 or $500
I understand how overwhelming the preparations for your new arrival can be. A few ideas for some prenatal care and organization that may be needed are:
- Deciding what to put on the registry- we can even take a trip to the store to go over these items
- Nursery organization
- Diaper bag organization
- Retrieving, cleaning, and organizing clothes and items in storage from previous children
- Baby Shower gift organization for thank you cards and the nursery
- Anything else you need help with in organizing and preparing.
Cost: $30 per hour
Searching for the perfect baby shower gift? A Postpartum Doula makes a great gift!
Gift Certificates are available!
Contact me today to schedule your free consultation!