A Postpartum Doula doesn’t take over the work of a mother, like a babysitter does. I help to empower the mother, support her, and guide her through the amazing transition of motherhood. Keeping the “mother in mind”, my duties allow the mother to mentally and physically recover from childbirth while creating an everlasting bond with her new child.
I absolutely support the family’s parenting style, but may also open doors to a whole new world that the parents didn’t even know existed, such as breastfeeding beyond a year old or co-sleeping.
A custom package can be created to meet your needs. Please contact me for further information. I provide Postpartum services for Warren, Sussex, and Morris counties only.
Every package includes:
- One 30 min in-home prenatal consultation (optional)
- Text, phone and email support
- 4 hour shifts
• Infant Education, such as feeding, diapering skills, burping techniques, bathing, cord care, circumcision care, dressing baby,when to call the doctor, and normal newborn behavior
• Making sure the mother is fed, well hydrated, and comfortable
• Non-judgmental emotional support, encouragement, and positive affirmations
• Light household chores, such as cooking, laundry, dishes, picking up/organizing, nursery organization, pet care, quick food/pharmacy shopping, running errands
• Preparation of bottles and washing/cleaning/sterilizing
• Short infant care so mama can shower, go for a walk, or just have a few minutes to herself
• Screening for postpartum depression
• Referrals to local resources
One day of support the first day home
Let’s Get Settled
6 days of support the first 2 weeks home
Additional days are $180 per day
Last Minute Doula for a Day
Booked within 24 hours of a shift starting and if my calendar permits.
Searching for the perfect baby shower gift? A Postpartum Doula makes a great gift!
Gift Certificates are available!