“A birth doula is a person trained and experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after childbirth” (DONA International).
So what does she do?
As a Birth Doula, I help to empower the mother and give her a voice by providing information for the family on various choices during labor and birth that they may discuss with their provider. I support the mother and the partner through medicated and unmedicated labor, vaginal birth, or a Cesarean birth by providing relaxation and comfort techniques. I am there to meet the needs of the family so that they may have a beautiful and positive birth. This means I can step in and be the coach or step back and guide the partner in coaching. Maybe a combination of both!
Birth Services Includes:
- Initial Meet and Consultation (Free)
- Birth Options Prenatal Visit (up to 2 hours)
- Comfort Measures Prenatal Visit (up to 2 hours)
- Text and Email Support
- On Call 24/7 Starting at 38 Weeks
- Unlimited “Birth” Day Support
- Immediate Postpartum Recovery Support (up to 2 hours)
- 1 Postpartum Visit (up to 1 hour)
Searching for the perfect baby shower gift? Birth Doula services make a great gift! Gift certificates are available!