“A birth doula is a person trained and experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after childbirth” (DONA International).
A Doula is not a medical staff member or performs medical tasks. She does not replace the partner or midwife. She does not advocate for the mother.
So what does she do?
As a Birth Doula, I help to empower the mother and give her a voice by providing information for the family on various choices during labor and birth that they may discuss with their provider. I support the mother and the partner through medicated and unmedicated labor, vaginal birth, or a Cesarean birth by providing relaxation and comfort techniques. I am there to meet the needs of the family so that they may have a beautiful and positive birth. This means I can step in and be the coach or step back and guide the partner in coaching. Maybe a combination of both!
Birth Services Includes:
- Initial Consultation (Free)
- Birth Options Prenatal Visit (up to 2 hours)
- Comfort Measures Prenatal Visit (up to 2 hours)
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
- On Call 24/7 Starting at 38 Weeks
- Unlimited “Birth” Day Support
- Immediate Postpartum Recovery Support (up to 2 hours)
- 1 Postpartum Visit (up to 1 hour)
Searching for the perfect baby shower gift? Birth Doula services make a great gift! Gift certificates are available!